At wichcraft our employees are at the core of everything we do, not just in theory but also in practice. We know that when we first and foremost take great care of our own team they will in turn take great care of our guests. We approach our business from a teamwork perspective and encourage learning, curiosity, and fun every step of the way.
We are a young and growing company, so we’re always on the lookout for people who share our dedication to great food and excellent customer service and spirit of forward momentum. If you’re interested in being a part of it all please take a look at what opportunities we have in store and what our benefits and culture could mean for you.
At wichcraft we believe that our employees are our most valuable assets so we strive to provide benefits that promote feelings of accomplishment, satisfaction and excitement. There are countless reasons to join our growing team. Here are just a few!
- five day work week. We promote a healthy work/life balance from the start.
- health insurance. All full-time employees and their dependents are entitled to health benefits after three months on the job.
- dental insurance. Our optional plan offers discounted cleanings, x-rays and other major dental work.
- vision plan. Our plan includes preferred pricing on exams, frames, contacts, and laser correction.
- paid time off. We provide five days of paid time off after one year; ten days after two years; fifteen days after four years.
- opportunity for advancement. We help our employees develop professionally, and we value promotions from within.
- dining discount. Our dining discount is available to all employees at any store, anytime.
- delicious food. Employees may order any menu item during a shift for a minimal pre-tax paycheck deduction.
- TransitChek Metrocards. We will enroll interested employees in TransitChek, a system that provides them with reduced-cost Metrocards.
- referral bonus. When we hire a new employee who was referred by an existing team member, that person will receive a cash bonus upon the new employee’s six-month anniversary.
you know you’re meant for wichcraft if you’re…
…all about teamwork
Teamwork starts in the kitchen and continues with our drivers, store staff, managers, and delivery teams. Each role and how well it is performed affects the next and, ultimately, our guests; working well together is essential.
…known for neatness
When it comes to cleanliness, there is no such thing as too much. That means cooks and counter staff who follow sanitation guidelines to a tee in our kitchen, behind our store counters, and in our dining areas.
…proud to provide great service
Whether working in a store or our bustling kitchen, customer service is key at wichcraft. Our spaces are open environments and our guests often ask questions, so our employees are always knowledgeable, friendly and polite.
…a stickler for quality
Our employees know quality and uphold our high standards.
…built for speed
Our guests love that they can count on us for a great quick meal; they notice and appreciate speed and efficiency. In an environment like this it’s only natural that our staff thrives on fast paced work.
There is always room on the wichcraft team for smart, enthusiastic and motivated people. Here’s a snapshot of the positions we typically hire for. Let us know wich position is best for you!
in our stores
manager and assistant manager
- oversee both front- and back-of-house staff and operations on a daily basis
- work alongside the team to ready the store for service, and spend peak hours expediting orders
- manage costs, place orders, inventory, schedule, and communicate and train new procedures
- take orders, act as barista, prepare breakfast items, answer guest questions
- keep station clean and fully stocked with food, beverages, and paper goods
- make all sandwiches and prepare food to order
- taste and adjust ingredients for flavor and balance
- prep for service and keep the station clean and organized
- keep the store clean: wash dishes, bus tables, remove trash
- receive and organize beverage and paper product deliveries
- anything else necessary to keep day-to-day operations on track
- ensure accurate on-time deliveries
- handle cash payments
- help out in the store between deliveries
- take all phone and online orders
- ensure correct details and assign orders to the appropriate stores
- provide one-on-one customer service and assist in website maintenance
in our commissary
- supply stores with freshly prepared sandwich ingredients, condiments, soups, and sides daily
- prepare all ingredients from scratch, consistently follow the established recipes, meet production deadlines
- maintain excellent sanitation standards
- supply stores with fresh baked goods, pastry, and ice cream daily
- use standardized recipes, understand measurement conversions, meet production deadlines
- maintain excellent sanitation standards
- make store deliveries: load van, follow established store delivery schedule, unload deliveries
- keep van and containers well maintained and help out in commissary during downtime
- a valid US driver’s license and excellent driving record are required
If you’re interested in a career at wichcraft please fill out an application here.